These mini-workshops focus each month on a different Alexander Technique principles, concepts and methodologies. Open to anyone, from absolute beginners, to people with some experience with the Technique who wish to deepen their understanding of the work. The informal small group setting offers opportunity for group explorations, discussion, personal development, community and support.
Workshops are typically held on the second Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in my home studio in north Wilmington.
The Art of Constructive Rest
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
7:00 – 8:00 p.m.
“Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop.”
More than relaxation! Constructive Rest is a simple, powerful practice to energize and restore body and mind.
Constructive Rest is easy to do and costs nothing. By lying down in Constructive Rest for just a few minutes, you can reduce tension, improve your posture, calm your nervous system and more. Make it a daily practice and the benefits accumulate.
Benefits of Constructive Rest include:
- release of tension
- ease of pressure on joints
- stress reduction
- improved posture
- more energy
- greater productivity
- spinal decompression
- calming of the nervous system
- deepening of the breath
- calming of the digestive system
- reduction of pain caused by excess tension**
In this workshop you will:
- Learn the specifics of the Constructive Rest position, as well as when, where and how long to do it.
- Receive personalized instructions on appropriate head support and other modifications to fit your specific needs.
- Experience Constructive Rest, with verbal guidance and hands-on help to maximize the benefits.
- Learn how to set yourself up at home to get the most out of your Constructive Rest practice.
- Be able to ask questions and get feedback and advice.
- Receive a free audio guide, as well as detailed written instructions, to support your practice at home.
**Constructive Rest is not a replacement for medical care. Please see your doctor if you have concerns.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Space limited. Pre-registration required.
*Special discount pricing for this workshop as part of my Alexander Technique in Focus series.
If you would like to bring The Art of Constructive Rest workshop to your group of organization, please contact me at email@example.com.